If you’re looking for fresh and delicious Italian recipes, these authentic dishes are the perfect way to enjoy a taste of Italy. These 3 Pittsburgh Today Live recipes can be made in your kitchen with just a few ingredients, from starters to desserts.
There’s something for everyone with flavors like mushroom crepes and chicken parmesan stuffed shells! You can find the recipes on Marketplace’s website or join our Facebook community!
If you’re looking for fresh and delicious Italian recipes, these authentic dishes are the perfect way to enjoy a taste of Italy.
The Pittsburgh Today Show
The Pittsburgh Today Show is a live broadcast from the city of Pittsburgh. The show features live recipe shows such as Pittsburgh today live recipes, local weather, traffic, celebrity guests, etc. The show is aired in around 100 cities throughout the United States, Canada, and Europe.
Viewers can watch live in many states and countries, but they will only be able to see the Pittsburgh Today Show if they are in the Pittsburgh area. The Pittsburgh Today Show is a top-rated TV program that has been airing for years and is one of Pittsburgh’s most significant selling points. Pittsburgh Today Show has many fans worldwide, and it is a great way to see what the countryside of Pittsburgh looks like.
1. Rania’s Vegetarian Pizzas
Rania’s Vegetarian Pizzas is a recipe that all family members can enjoy. These vegetarian pizzas are made with a crust containing soy, millet, and rice flour. The crust is topped with a flavorful tomato sauce and goes great with a topping of fresh arugula. Arugula is delicious with pizza, and this recipe is packed with great flavor.
- 1 pack of frozen gluten-free pizza crusts (thawed).
- 1 bunch of fresh spinach, chopped and blanched for one minute in boiling water. Wring excess liquid from the spinach before using.
- 2 cans chickpeas, cooked and mashed (reserve 1/3 of the liquid) or three cups cooked garbanzo beans (you can use canned if you do not have enough time to cook beans). Keep the liquid that comes with the chickpeas/garbanzo beans as it will be used later.
- 2 tbsp tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit (218 degrees Celcius).
- Roughly chop the spinach and add it to a mixing bowl. Then add hummus, except for the last two ingredients (the reserved chickpea liquid and the parsley).
- Mix well and microwave for one minute; skip this step if you use canned beans or chickpeas. In the same bowl, mash chickpeas with a potato masher or fork until they are relatively smooth. You do not want any lumps or chunks.
- Mix the hummus with the mashed chickpeas and set aside. Using your hands, form the dough into a square (other shapes are ok).
- Place on an oiled baking sheet, brush the top of the square with olive oil, and bake for about 16 minutes or until golden brown. Take it out at around 15 minutes to not burn in the oven.
- Meanwhile, make the tahini sauce by combining all ingredients except parsley in a bowl and mix well (it will separate if you use canned chickpeas); if you have time to cook beans from scratch, mash them up in a colander.
- Mix in remaining ingredients and set aside.
- To serve, spread the hummus mixture evenly over the crust and top with tahini sauce.
- Garnish with parsley and serve hot!
For the Salad
The salad is a great way to add fiber, protein, and vitamins to the meal – it is an excellent complement to the pizza. It is best to use baby arugula because it has a lovely delicate flavor.
- Rinse baby arugula in cold water (do not dry).
- Cut the leaves into smaller pieces and place them in a bowl.
- Add chopped sun-dried tomatoes, sliced olives, and toasted pine nuts.
- Drizzle with vinegar and olive oil.
- Mix well; Salt and pepper to taste. Serve with the pizzas.
This salad keeps well in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- Cucumber and bell peppers, sliced
- 1 can garbanzo beans (chickpeas) or 1 cup cooked garbanzo beans
- Tahini dressing Salt and pepper to taste
For the Chicken
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin powder (optional) (for the salad: use more oil and vinegar)
- Salt and pepper to taste (also, salt the chicken while cooking if you do not have time to marinate it overnight. Marinade overnight by putting all the ingredients in a bowl with the cubed chicken. Stir well. Cover in plastic wrap).
- Add beans and garbanzo liquid in a mixing bowl if you cooked them from scratch (add more oil and vinegar if the hummus is too thick).
- Season with Salt and pepper as desired. If you like tahini sauce, you can add it to the beans. Mix well.
- Add cooked chicken and mix again.
- Prepare cucumber, bell peppers, and tomatoes. Just slice them up or dice them if you are making this into a salad.
- Place each type of vegetable in a separate bowl. If you are not making this into a salad, just put them all in one bowl.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin powder. Then add the veggies and sauté for about two-three minutes or until they are cooked—season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the cooked veggies to the bean-chicken mixture and mix well. Serve hot or at room temperature with hummus and tahini sauce on the side!
- To serve, garnish with parsley, red pepper flakes, and sesame seeds, and top with tahini dressing (or hummus if you like).
2. Peppermint Schnapps Ice-Cream Shake
Peppermint Schnapps Ice-Cream Shake is a vegan and gluten-free recipe served with a caramel-peppermint sauce.
The ice cream is creamy, refreshing, and minty. The sauce is sweet but not cloying and precisely like a candy cane! Serve it at the end of a meal or as an adult dessert. It is easy to make, but we have found the trickiest part of the recipe is using all of the peppermint schnapps.
This ice-cream shake is best when served immediately—otherwise, it will melt or get clumpy.
Strawberries or chocolate pieces are optional but recommended if you want to jazz it up.
- 2 cups vanilla ice-cream
- 1/3 cup peppermint schnapps
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- 12 oz (170g) whipped cream, or whip your heavy cream and refrigerate overnight
- 6 maraschino cherries for garnish (optional)
1. In a blender, combine two cups of vanilla ice cream, 1/3 cup peppermint schnapps, and whole milk. Blend until smooth. Please transfer it to the refrigerator and chill it for at least four hours or overnight. This will ensure the shake is nice and cold when you serve it.
2. Churn the ice cream mixture until smooth and creamy in a blender. Transfer to a large bowl and fold in the chocolate syrup, whipped cream, and more peppermint schnapps. It should be the consistency of soft-serve ice cream – If it’s too thick, add more milk; if it’s too thin, add more ice cream. Serve in big frosty glasses with a nice handful of whipped cream and a cherry on top.
3. Divide the ice-cream mixture into small cups and freeze for about one hour or until it hardens. Remove from the freezer and top each serving with a maraschino cherry.
4. The peppermint schnapps will now be in your freezer. The first time you try this recipe, you may want to wait until it has entirely frozen before serving. First, mix the peppermint schnapps with a cup of milk.
5. Stir in chocolate syrup to the peppermint schnapps and milk mixture. This will give it an ice cream consistency.
6. Serve immediately or store it in the freezer for up to three months. After that, it is stored in a freezer to keep it fresh.
3. Seafood Pasta
Seafood Pasta is a dish made of macaroni pasta, seafood, and Alfredo sauce. The sauce is made out of cream, which makes it taste amazing. The seafood used in the pasta is imitation crab until it can be located on the island.
The following recipe is an alternative to the traditional seafood pasta. It is easy to make, and it tastes very delicious!
- 1 lb (0.45 kg) pasta
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parsley for garnish (optional)
- (You can substitute a few different ingredients such as spinach, broccoli, or any other vegetable. You can also add chicken or beef if you prefer.)
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 16 oz (0.45 kg) of seafood of your choice (or other meat), cubed and cooked (you can use any combination of seafood or meat such as shrimp, lobster tails, scallops, fish fillets, and calamari) (add some sea salt while cooking the seafood).
- 4 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 1 cup of seafood or chicken stock (or vegetable stock)
- 5/6 tsp. of red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (208 degrees Celcius). This step is not necessary if you are going to microwave your pasta.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil for the pasta and cook according to package directions. Once done, drain and rinse under cold water. The cold water is to stop the pasta from continuing to cook.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, add chopped onion and garlic, cook till soft (about two to three minutes), then stir in the cubed seafood or other meat (if using). Stir well and cook for another two minutes.
- Add chopped parsley, basil, and red pepper flakes, stirring well. Simmer until the seafood is cooked (about two-three minutes), then remove from heat.
- Mix seafood mixture, pasta, and heavy cream in a large bowl. Toss to coat the pasta with the cream evenly. Season with salt and pepper, and transfer the pasta mixture to a baking dish. Bake for about 20 minutes or until bubbling hot and lightly browned on top (test by poking with a fork in the middle of the dish). Once done, remove it from the oven and let it cool.
- Garnish with parsley and basil, and serve immediately! It is advisable to serve when warm.
- This dish is excellent as a side dish to any Italian meal and can be served as a main dish.
These ptl live recipes today will surely inspire your inspiration for the next time you go to a restaurant. It is also always a great idea to try your hand at cooking and buying ingredients at lower prices from your local supermarket.
Then, make some exciting concoctions have a home cooking party, engage in kitchen table debates, or learn how to cook. Cooking can be fun and exciting if you do not take it too seriously! Like they say: “There’s no such thing as an amateur hour in the kitchen!”
Now that is a great idea! It’s always fun to have a home cooking party. It would be great to involve friends and guests in preparing food and the actual cooking part. You never know; you might just come up with someone’s “famous dish” or a much-talked-about recipe that would make you world-famous!
Our favorite television cooking show (on the Food Network) is called “In hot water,” hosted by Eddie Jackson and Aaron Sanchez. They are two young gents who love their work and are very good at it. We can safely say that this show has inspired us to try new techniques every time it is on air!
Italians are known for their cooking. Our blog is one of the best blogs for recipes on all things Italian food and cuisine, including healthy, gluten-free, and low-calorie dishes and decadent desserts.
Our extensive archive covers everything from making authentic Italian food and how to cook lasagna, pizza, and spaghetti dishes. In addition, you can find the secret to making delicious Italian sauces, pizza dough, slices of bread, soups, and even cocktails. We also give you instructions on how to prepare slow-cooker recipes.